Elmcroft Hiring Healthy Lifestyle Director
Healthy Lifestyle Director
Coordinates all activities for residents of community to ensure they have an enjoyable and stimulating quality living experience through exercise and leisure time activities. Coordinates and communicates the Elmcroft Healthy Lifestyles wellness program and Employee Assistance Program for Associates.
Directly supervises volunteers for Elmcroft, and indirectly supervises persons assigned to activities during evening and/or weekend hours.
• Meets Elmcroft Standards established for the Activities department.
• Plans a varied monthly activity calendar with at least 5 activities per day (6 activities per day for excellent performance) addressing male and female, active and passive, inhouse and outside activities. Additionally, the activities should address the preferences of the residents.
• Arranges for appropriate spiritual activities both in and outside of the community as reflected by resident preferences.
• Posts a community calendar monthly according to Elmcroft Standards.
• Encourages all residents to participate in some or all of activities. Maintains record of resident attendance.
• Drives the community vehicle to transport residents on trips outside Elmcroft for shopping, entertainment, education, and/or to obtain medical or dental services, as assigned.
• Records activity participation upon completion of each activity in CareTraker.
• Participates in the planning and coordination of Family Nights.
• Works with the Community Relations Director in planning and assisting with all community programs which involve residents/staff/family participation.
• Arranges for a variety of entertainment to be brought to the community for the entertainment of the residents.
• Arranges for a variety of exercise opportunities suitable for the elderly population to enhance residents’ mobility, strength, bone mass, and social interaction.
• Oversee the Care Connect program in conjunction with the Community Relations Director to ensure each new resident makes a happy, healthy transition to the community.
• Participation in and fulfillment of at least one Second Wind Dream wish per month, each dream should be recorded in CareTraker.
• Prepares or directs preparation of a monthly community newsletter in order to inform residents, families, prospects, and referral sources of major events at the community.
• Attends Resident Council Meetings and takes minutes in order to record all suggestions or concerns of the residents.
• Communicates with other department heads and staff in order to gain necessary participation in activities as necessary.
• Performs activity assessments on all new residents and reassesses each year for all residents in order to understand resident abilities and preferences.
• Recruits and trains volunteers to assist with activities in the community.
• Support Elmcroft Associate health and wellness initiatives by coordinating the annual health fair with screenings for blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, etc.
• Encourage healthy active lifestyles by communicating the Annual Health and Wellness Communication Plan by conducting monthly activities related to each month’s health subject.
• Manages expenses within given budget parameters utilizing spend-down sheets.
• Keeps sufficient activity program and craft supplies on hand for in-house entertainment.
• Participates on weekends in the Manager on Duty program as assigned.
• Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
• Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
• Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required.
• Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
• Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Licenses: Assisted Living Activities certification, if required by State.
• Must be in possession of, or have the ability to obtain, a valid state driver’s license.
• Travel may be required as needed.
Must have a Valid Driver's Licenses and be able to pass both Drug and Background Test.