The Pony Express Veterinary Hospital is hiring a Part-Time Veterinary Assistant!
Must have experience in a Veterinary Clinic or other animal-care related field. The flexibility to work both day and evening hours, as well as Saturday on a rotating schedule, is required. Candidates need to be able to lift 50 pounds and stand/walk for long hours.
Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Administer medication, perform lab tests, restrain and handle patients during exams, x-rays, ultrasounds and other diagnostic procedures.
- Perform clerical and administrative work, such as but not limited to; answering phones, scheduling appointments, complete chart notes, check patients in and out and some front desk duties.
- Provide client education regarding nutrition, parasite control, vaccination protocols, spaying/neutering, and other topics.
- Comfortably work with animals of varying temperaments.
- Consistently provide clients with attentive, courteous and informative services.
- Communicate with the veterinarians and all other staff members to maintain the flow of patients.
- Complete preparatory procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, ensuring that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
- Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques and following standard protocols,
- Maintain clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Have a willingness to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary.
- Perform tasks and duties without supervision as appropriate.